Petitions for Nondisclosure/Expunction

We know how to defend your rights

Petitions for Nondisclosure/

The Process for Seeking a Nondisclosure Order for a Criminal Conviction

If you’ve been convicted of a crime either as an adult or a juvenile, there may come a time when you wish to have your criminal history sealed. A Houston nondisclosures attorney can explain the process by which you can seek an expungement.

A Houston Nondisclosures Attorney Explains Who May Be Eligible to Have Their Criminal Record Sealed

If you’ve been convicted of a crime, you may have options for requesting an expungement or sealing of your record. A Houston expunctions lawyer will review your case and help decide if you are eligible. In many cases, you may have been required to complete a diversion program. This often happens if you were convicted of a substance-abuse related crime. When you complete the program or probation, you may apply to have your records sealed. As a Houston expunctions lawyer can explain, this may also be true for certain juvenile convictions.


A Houston Expunctions Lawyer Explains How to Apply

Expungement does not happen automatically. A Houston nondisclosures attorney will explain how the responsibility falls on the criminal defendant to apply for the expungement. The conviction will not simply go away on its own after a period of time. A Houston nondisclosures attorney can assist with filing a petition or request in the appropriate court. If you meet certain conditions, the court may grant the expungement request and your criminal history will be sealed. This means criminal reporting agencies will not have access to it and you will not have to disclose it to potential employers.

Ineligibility Factors

As your Houston nondisclosures attorney can explain, your behavior is important in determining your eligibility for expungement. If you violate any court orders or probation terms, commit further crimes or fail to complete a court-ordered diversion program, for example, you may not be able to have your criminal record sealed.

At the offices of Christopher T. Gore, Attorney at Law, you can speak to an experienced Houston nondisclosures attorney who understands how important your case is to you. Call 713-223-1600 to set up a consultation to discuss your legal matter.

Get Help Now

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

We value justice, honesty and time

we are always at your service as we are in charge of your defense.